MARK Cavendish returns to action in Andalucia on Sunday hoping for a first British win in the Ruta del Sol.
The Vuelta a Andalucia, nicknamed the Route of the Sun, lasts five days starting in Jaen passing through Cordoba, Malaga, Benahavis and Torrox Costa finishing in Antequera.
Injury means Cavendish, short listed for BBC Sports Personality of the Year in 2009, will compete for the first time this year.
Britain’s Olympic gold medallist Bradley Wiggins will also race in the sporting spectacle.
After seven straight Spanish winners the race was won by Dutchman Joost Posthuman last year.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00