THE quality and variety of stories saw the Olive Press website climb to a record 12,900 visitors last week.
Readers from all over the world read stories on Spain being too British for Britons, the weather (of course) and our Rafael Nadal feature, Beauty behind ‘the Beast’.
It was this story that saw our highest ever number of website hits in one day with 2300 visitors.
Today the Olive Press sees over 2000 visitors visiting us almost every day.
Incredibly around a quarter of these come from America, while nearly half are from Ireland and the UK.
The final quarter are expatriates based in Spain.
The website has seen a steady growth in 2010 and is growing hand in hand with increasing distribution numbers of the newspaper, now numbering 14000 each issue.
Other popular stories included Sir Geoff Hurst’s pain in Spain, Winter warmer for expats and We don’t want English tourists.
Increasingly Andalucian expats are turning to the Olive Press and its website for their news and reading material.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00