MEMORIES of the Second World War will be invoked in Gibraltar next month.
The Rotary Club of Gibraltar will hold a historic evening recalling the Rock’s involvement in the conflict to raise money for local charities.
Scheduled for May 13, the “Nostalgic Night in the Tunnels” will include war-time music, ration books as well as a supper of bangers, mash and apple pie.
“The Rotarians emphasise that appropriate fancy dress and hairstyles are not compulsory but very much encouraged!” said press officer Lyana Armstrong-Emery.
The celebration starts at 7.30pm and is held at the Rock Bastion Restaurant.
For more information call Barbera on 58191000 or Raju on 58008082.
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48