MEMORIES of the Second World War will be invoked in Gibraltar next month.
The Rotary Club of Gibraltar will hold a historic evening recalling the Rock’s involvement in the conflict to raise money for local charities.
Scheduled for May 13, the “Nostalgic Night in the Tunnels” will include war-time music, ration books as well as a supper of bangers, mash and apple pie.
“The Rotarians emphasise that appropriate fancy dress and hairstyles are not compulsory but very much encouraged!” said press officer Lyana Armstrong-Emery.
The celebration starts at 7.30pm and is held at the Rock Bastion Restaurant.
For more information call Barbera on 58191000 or Raju on 58008082.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00