HEARTTHROB Javier Bardem reduced girlfriend Penelope Cruz to tears with a romantic eulogy.
The Spanish Oscar winner made the impassioned public tribute on receiving the best actor award at the Cannes Film Festival.
On picking up the coveted gong for his role in Biutiful, Bardem, 41, turned to Cruz and commenced his heartfelt speech.
“I share this joy with my friend, my companion, my love: Penelope: I owe you a lot and I love you so much,” he said.
Cruz visibly welled up and the smooth-talker concluded his testimony by blowing a kiss, which his Spanish lover duly returned.
Until now, the stars have remained tight-lipped about their relationship, which began in 2007. Bardem shared the award with Italian actor Elio Hermano.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00