SPAIN wrapped up their World Cup warm-up matches in fine style with a 6-0 thumping of Poland.
Manager Vicente Del Bosque will be pleased after injury-plagued hitman Fernando Torres came off the bench to notch his side’s fifth.
The only negative on a mesmerising night in Murcia came when the fleet-footed Andres Iniesta was forced to withdraw through injury.
Although early reports suggest it was a precautionary measure, the World Cup favourites are awaiting the results of a scan on the Barcelona man’s leg injury.
The Furia Roja cruised into a two-goal lead within the first 15 minutes with well-worked goals from David Villa and former Valencia teammate David Silva.
The second half was a master class in possession football and goals from Xabi Alonso and substitute Cesc Fabregas put the game beyond their rivals’ reach.
And strikes from Torres and winger Pedro completed an almost-perfect night for Del Bosque’s men.
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58