WITNESSES of the murder of Dan Smith are being threatened by associates of the gunman not to give evidence.
Smith, 24, was shot four times at point blank range while sitting outside the Lounge Bar, in Riviera, by a motorbike gunman.
“My son’s killer has just got another coward to do his dirty work.”
Now, regulars have revealed they have been warned not to speak to the police by associates of alleged killer Eric Wilson, who has been arrested and refused bail.
One told the Olive Press: “Associates of Wilson have driven past the bar a number of times and a few threats have come in.”
Meanwhile, Smith’s distraught mother, Karen Wetherell, 47, branded the associates ‘animals’ for the intimidation.
“My son’s killer has just got another coward to do his dirty work,” explained Wetherell, from Alhaurin.
“These guys are not even people, they are animals. All my son did was protect a girl, that’s all he ever did his whole life.”
Police apprehended Irishman Eric ‘Lucky’ Wilson at his mountain farm in Coin.
They found explosives, grenades and fake passports, while Irish police confirmed he was “dangerous” and involved in drug trafficking.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00