WITNESSES of the murder of Dan Smith are being threatened by associates of the gunman not to give evidence.
Smith, 24, was shot four times at point blank range while sitting outside the Lounge Bar, in Riviera, by a motorbike gunman.
“My son’s killer has just got another coward to do his dirty work.”
Now, regulars have revealed they have been warned not to speak to the police by associates of alleged killer Eric Wilson, who has been arrested and refused bail.
One told the Olive Press: “Associates of Wilson have driven past the bar a number of times and a few threats have come in.”
Meanwhile, Smith’s distraught mother, Karen Wetherell, 47, branded the associates ‘animals’ for the intimidation.
“My son’s killer has just got another coward to do his dirty work,” explained Wetherell, from Alhaurin.
“These guys are not even people, they are animals. All my son did was protect a girl, that’s all he ever did his whole life.”
Police apprehended Irishman Eric ‘Lucky’ Wilson at his mountain farm in Coin.
They found explosives, grenades and fake passports, while Irish police confirmed he was “dangerous” and involved in drug trafficking.
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58