THE Andalucian Rescue Centre for Horses (A.R.C.H.) in Alhaurin el Grande has a new guest.
Just last week, a miniature young blind donkey was found abandoned at the centre’s stables.
Now trotting around with the name Rosie, the donkey has become more confident since her stressful first days in the new environment, and now brays loudly when she hears rescue workers’ voices.
The centre’s elderly donkey Archie has cared for her and has been wearing a bell around his neck so that Rosie can follow him.
It is believed that Rosie has been blind since birth, given that her eyes are unformed.
If you would like to visit the rescue centre and meet Rosie and other horses and donkeys in need of help, stop by A.R.C.H. from 11am to 1pm (Monday to Saturday) this summer, or call Jordan on 662 274 314 for more information.
Visit www.horserescuespain.org to see more photos or to sponsor an animal.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00