By Nicola Cowell
GRANADA must have thought it was in the money when Mo Chaudry turned up there.
But, unfortunately for them, the Secret Millionaire was off duty on a family holiday when he showed up at El Geco Verde hotel in Castril.
The owner of the Waterworld theme park in Staffordshire, who is worth an estimated 100million euros, spends his time back home visiting struggling communities and splashing the cash.
But here in Spain Chaudry preferred to spend his holiday splashing around in the hotel’s pool with his wife and three teenage daughters.
Owner of the newly-opened hotel Iliana Suffling said: “We were bowled over by the feedback we got from Mo, but you don’t have to be a millionaire to stay here!”
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00