By Nicola Cowell
GRANADA must have thought it was in the money when Mo Chaudry turned up there.
But, unfortunately for them, the Secret Millionaire was off duty on a family holiday when he showed up at El Geco Verde hotel in Castril.
The owner of the Waterworld theme park in Staffordshire, who is worth an estimated 100million euros, spends his time back home visiting struggling communities and splashing the cash.
But here in Spain Chaudry preferred to spend his holiday splashing around in the hotel’s pool with his wife and three teenage daughters.
Owner of the newly-opened hotel Iliana Suffling said: “We were bowled over by the feedback we got from Mo, but you don’t have to be a millionaire to stay here!”
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00