By Wendy Williams
A YOUNG British man has been stabbed in a bar in Marbella.
The victim, who has not been named, suffered injuries to the arm and leg as he tried to defend himself after an argument broke out.
The cause of the violent outburst is still under police investigation but according to reports the quarrel escalated outside of the premises, and one of those involved grabbed a knife and stabbed the Briton.
The man was then driven by his friends to the Costa del Sol Hospital where he was admitted for treatment.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident, which happened in Nueva Andalucía on Wednesday, and several people who witnessed the scene were called to give statements on Thursday.
Last month a 24 year old was left in a coma following an attack in a nightclub in the same district of Marbella.
And there were two further cases reported last weekend in Estepona, including one where a 17 year old was attacked with a harpoon.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00