By Wendy Williams
A YOUNG British man has been stabbed in a bar in Marbella.
The victim, who has not been named, suffered injuries to the arm and leg as he tried to defend himself after an argument broke out.
The cause of the violent outburst is still under police investigation but according to reports the quarrel escalated outside of the premises, and one of those involved grabbed a knife and stabbed the Briton.
The man was then driven by his friends to the Costa del Sol Hospital where he was admitted for treatment.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident, which happened in Nueva Andalucía on Wednesday, and several people who witnessed the scene were called to give statements on Thursday.
Last month a 24 year old was left in a coma following an attack in a nightclub in the same district of Marbella.
And there were two further cases reported last weekend in Estepona, including one where a 17 year old was attacked with a harpoon.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00