By Nicola Cowell
THE wealthy son of one of Spain’s largest construction companies has been arrested over a brutal attack outside a polo club.
Teenager Jose Entrecanales, 19, whose father owns company Acciona, has been questioned over the fight, which left an 18- year-old Algeciras lad needing full facial reconstruction.
A close friend of Entrecanales – the grandson of the Marquis de la Puente – has also been arrested over the attack outside the Ayala Polo Club, in Sotogrande.
The 18-year-old victim had numerous broken bones in his face and suffered further injuries – including a broken wrist and ribs – when he fell off a wall trying to escape.
He was taken to Cadiz hospital, where he remains in a stable condition after having surgery to his face.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00