By Nicola Cowell
THE wealthy son of one of Spain’s largest construction companies has been arrested over a brutal attack outside a polo club.
Teenager Jose Entrecanales, 19, whose father owns company Acciona, has been questioned over the fight, which left an 18- year-old Algeciras lad needing full facial reconstruction.
A close friend of Entrecanales – the grandson of the Marquis de la Puente – has also been arrested over the attack outside the Ayala Polo Club, in Sotogrande.
The 18-year-old victim had numerous broken bones in his face and suffered further injuries – including a broken wrist and ribs – when he fell off a wall trying to escape.
He was taken to Cadiz hospital, where he remains in a stable condition after having surgery to his face.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27