By Nicola Cowell
A SPANISH model has spoken for the first time about her close dalliances with Prince Andrew this summer.
Alexandra Escat has revealed how she flew on a private jet with the British playboy prince to Malaga, after spending a few days with him on a private yacht in Sardinia.
Despite being photographed rubbing cream on his back, the face of Ponds, played down rumours that they had become an item.
Intriguingly, Escat, 25, who is studying at Madrid university, enlisted Costa del Sol-based media svengali Max Clifford, to set up a high-profile media interview with the Mail on Sunday.
It came after Andrew had reportedly texted the student “a dozen times” telling her to keep quiet about their friendship.
In a carefully-worded interview with the paper she revealed how they had shared a plane ride together from Olbia airport to Malaga, where Andrew was attending his daughter Bea’s 22nd birthday party in nearby Sotogrande.
Alexandra said: “Andrew was planning to fly to Malaga the following day because his daughter Beatrice was having a birthday thing.
“He was going by private jet so my friend said I should go with him to get a connecting flight to Madrid from there, so that’s what I did.”
But, the model, who has a Spanish mother and a Filipino father, denied that their few days together had become romantic.
“I’m not stupid,” she said. “I can see what a juicy bit of gossip it must have seemed – one day I’m putting oil on Andrew’s back; the next we’re getting on a private jet together. It all looks so romantic doesn’t it?”
She insisted she had only met the Prince the night before, and explained: “There were about ten other people on the yacht.
“When I arrived, Andrew was on the top deck reading so I went up to say ‘hello’.
“He was a very good listener and I thought him the perfect British gentleman.”
But what she hadn’t banked on was being asked to get close and personal with the Prince.
He asked me again to put the suncream on and I couldn’t say no twice could I?”
While Prince Andrew may be hoping that is the end of the affair, gossips were questioning whether the next member of the British Royal Family might be Spanish?
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00