A BRITISH couple has been found dead in their apartment in Tenerife.
Police were alerted to the apartment in the resort of Playa de Las Americas after maintenance workers noticed a strong odour coming from the premises.
It is thought the couple, who had lived in Spain for five years, had been dead for at least five days.
According to initial reports the as yet unnamed man, 57, and woman, 69, died of natural causes and the bodies show no sign of violence.
The woman was found dead on the bed, while the man had a head injury and was found in the living room of the apartment in the Residencial Los Cardones complex.
It is thought the man, who according to neighbours had a terminal illness, could have hit his head in a fall and his wife could have then taken her own life.
The Judicial Police have opened a full investigation.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00