By Wendy Williams
CONVICTED rapist Larry Murphy is now believed to be living in France.
As reported in the Olive Press last week, news that one of Ireland’s most dangerous sex offenders had relocated to Costa del Sol, sparked panic in the area.
But new reports confirm the 45-year-old, who successfully applied for a passport and driver’s licence while still behind bars, has now moved to France.
It is unknown if this was always his intention of if he was forced to change his plans due to the intense media attention caused by his arrival on the coast.
However, an agreement has now been reached with French police for Murphy to live there under close supervision, providing he complies with the same procedures applied under the Sex Offenders Register.
He will need to keep police up-to-date of his whereabouts however he will not be required to sign in or report to local police stations.
Gardai now believe it is unlikely Murphy will return to his native Ireland due to the amount of publicity his case attracted and the ongoing speculation that surrounds his alleged involvement with the disappearance of six other women.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00