MASTER chocolatiers from Rute have recreated the city of Seville in a nativity scene using nothing but chocolate – 1,500 kilos of it!
Famous monuments like the Golden Tower and the Giralda have been reproduced in white and dark chocolate.
Baby Jesus, Joseph, the Virgin Mary and the Three Kings are the leading characters in the scene, but are joined by shoemakers, bakers, butchers and fishmongers, all gathered together in a chocolate version of Seville’s Calle Sierpes.
Before starting work on the nativity scene the chocolatiers had to design each of the individual pieces that were inspired by photographs and travel to Seville, with the aim of the chocolate city being as close as possible to the real thing.
Jorge Garrido, from Artesanos Galleros, said that seven master chocolatiers had been working on the nativity scene since May. It went on show to the public in Rute on October 12 and will remain on show until Twelfth Night, when it will be melted down so that the children of city can enjoy cups of hot chocolate.
- For more information about visits go to: http://www.gallerosartesanos.com/belen-2010.html
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33