THOSE clever journos at The Olive Press have asked me to join their team as an online blogger. Before I get started, I wanted to let you know a little about me and to explain what gives me the right to think I’m worthy of commentating on life down here on the Costa del Sol.
I’ve lived in the Estepona area for eight years, working in the real estate sector. Having moved here in boom time, I can now say that I’ve lived through the best and (hopefully) the worst of times, at least as far as the economy goes. My background was not in real estate at all, but I was easily persuaded to move to Spain and work for one of the large agencies in their after sales division, especially when I found out that the job entailed spending other people’s money, while helping them to decorate, furnish and equip their new homes.
During “life before Spain”, I worked primarily in marketing roles but writing has always been my passion. I even funded my degree by working part time on the Travel Desk of the Independent on Sunday – what a buzz!
Nowadays, when I’m not busy selling apartments (!), I write a regular blog and broadcast weekly posts on one of the local English speaking radio stations. I also help businesses with social media and web content writing, and am working to improve my feature writing skills via the London School of Journalism.
My partner and I live just a few minutes walk from the beach between Estepona and San Pedro. We spend a lot of our free time with our beloved labrador both here and, when we get the chance, on the Costa de la Luz. Our favourite weekend haunt is El Palmar where we’re lucky enough to have found dog friendly places to stay. Our life is pretty straightforward – we enjoy socialising with friends and family, reading, going to the cinema and walking on the beach with our dog and his friend George.
I’m really looking forward to sharing this blog with you and welcome your comments if you have anything to add.
- Cake eaters required! - 21 Mar, 2013 @ 08:06
- Costa Women Marbella bound - 30 Jun, 2012 @ 09:34
- Estepona’s new have-a-go hero - 7 Jun, 2012 @ 19:41
- Do you know the way through San Pedro? - 2 Jun, 2012 @ 20:40
- Amateur Traumatics - 9 Apr, 2012 @ 09:35
- Coffee shop-aholic - 19 Mar, 2012 @ 00:04
- Zoo de Castellar – not your average zoo! - 16 Mar, 2012 @ 11:23
- A Letter to My Sixteen-Year-Old Self - 28 Feb, 2012 @ 09:40
- No rush for resolutions - 4 Jan, 2012 @ 22:18
- Charity on the Costa - 18 Dec, 2011 @ 10:58