HEAVY rain and strong winds are sweeping the western regions of Andalucia. AEMET, the Spanish Meteorological Office has issued a yellow alert for the the area.
Up to 60mm of rain could fall in a 24 hour period and winds gusting up to 70 km/h are forecast through until Wednesday.
The areas effected by the weather warning are Cadiz, Huelva, Sevilla, Malaga, Cordoba, Jaen (City and Valle de Cazola and Segura) and Granada (Sierra Nevada and Alpujarras).
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33