TWO British thugs have been snatched by Spanish police.
Dennis Patrick O’Brien of Liverpool, 61, and a 43-year-old Mancunian known by initials K.P.G have been arrested last week on Mijas Costa.
The arrests have been coordinated by Spain’s National Police and UK’s Serious Organised Crime Unit as part of operation Captura.
O’Brien was arrested in Trafalgar Bar at the Calahonda del Sol urbanisation. He’s a key member of the Kelly family from the Garston area of Liverpool and has been on the run for four years.
O’Brien has a pending life sentence for smuggling one and a half tones of cocaine into the UK. He also has charges for ambushing armoured bank vans and has a murder charge for the killing on William Osu in 1982.
K.P.G is accused of selling drugs at a bar he ran on the Costa del Sol. Sizeable amounts of marijuana, hashish and cocaine were found on his premises and several clients were carrying drugs on them.
Both men will shortly appear in court.
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00