POLICE are hunting for a Malaga taxi driver who abandoned an 11-year-old boy by the side of the road after knocking him down.
The boy was left waiting in pain on the pavement for 10 minutes with a broken leg until a passerby stopped to help him.
He later told his family the driver had initially offered to take him to the hospital but had changed his mind.
The taxi driver drove just 200 metres before forcing the boy out on to the street insisting he didn’t want any problems.
The boy’s mother, Stephanie Granado said: “He left him lying in the street like a dog.”
Police are now trying to trace the taxi driver involved in the accident which took place on Calle Zenete, Malaga, on December 16.
The boy’s family has also lodged an official complaint with the courts and is calling on the public to come forward to help identify the driver.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46