SOCCER boss Harry Redknapp has been mugged by a gang in Madrid.
The Spurs manager was scouting for talent when he was confronted by six men outside Athletico Madrid’s Vicente Calderon stadium.
He revealed that two men grabbed the front of his trousers, while the other four went through his pockets.
The veteran boss revealed that he had just bought some sweets when he was approached by the men who took everything he had, including money and credit cards.
And things got worse when Redknapp was apparently unable to scrape together enough change for a glass of wine with his post-match meal.
He was even forced to borrow money from his assistant manager Kevin Bond to pay for a taxi back to his hotel.
Redknapp travelled to the Spanish capital to watch Uruguayan star Diego Forlan in action for Atletico versus Real Madrid, who won 1-0.
But it seems he left with double disappointment as he was unable to get any further with his potential signing.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46