GIBRALTAR’S Festival of the Seas will reach a spectacular climax on Sunday with an aerobatic display led by a former Red Arrows leader.
The Blades Aerobatic Display Team, including former Red Arrows pilots and a world championship aerobatic instructor, will bring the week-long festival to a close with their eye-catching performance.
“The event is aimed at celebrating all our nautical history,” explains Ros Astengo, Ocean Village Business Development Manager. “Columbus came past here, while Nelson’s ship was in Gibraltar on various occasions.”
Vintage car enthusiasts will also be kept entertained with a Classic Car Rally at Ocean Village on Saturday.
The fleet of motors – over 100 in total – from the Gibraltar Classic Vehicle Association, will take part in a mini rally around the Rock.
They will then head for a slap up dinner at popular Brazilian-style restaurant Ipanema in the marina.
“It is a really fun day and they have a great time here in the evening,” says restaurant owner Danny Breeze.
All festival profits and donations will be made to the G.B.C. Open Day and the Rainbow Ward at St Bernard’s Hospital.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46