HEARTTHROB Johnny Depp has revealed that his new Pirates of the Caribbean co-star, Penelope Cruz, has been teaching him to swear in Spanish.
Depp, 47 – who has achieved worldwide fame for his portrayal of eccentric pirate Jack Sparrow – has been reunited with Cruz, 10 years after they first appeared alongside each other in the film Blow.
“She taught me lots of very filthy Spanish expressions which I can’t repeat,” he said, adding: “But she’s a serious force to be reckoned with.”
The Spanish star replaces Keira Knightley in the swashbuckling saga, playing Jack’s old flame Angelica, daughter of the legendary pirate Blackbeard.
While filming, Cruz, 37, actually discovered she was pregnant with her son Leo, and so her equally stunning sister Monica had to be flown in as a body double.
The fourth film in the series, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides premiered at the 64th Cannes Film Festival last weekend.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46