THE PP, PA and Green Party in Alcaucin have come together to block the PSOE party and cut ties with the former mayor accused of corruption.
Former mayor José Manuel Martín Alba was arrested two years ago at the centre of the caso Arcos urban corruption scandal.
He was later expelled from PSOE but following their latest victory in the polls he reemerged to offer support to his former party.
Now the three rival parties have signed an agreement giving them a combined overall majority in the town taking the reigns away from PSOE which had hoped to form an alliance with the Greens.
“Whoever was responsible for the problems cannot be part of the solution. Neither PSOE nor PITA are the options that the residents of Alcaucin deserve,” said Francisco Oblaré the vice secretary of the PP in Malaga in support of the new alliance.
Domingo Lozano will now become mayor.
Meanwhile Ronda’s socialist mayor Antonio Marin Lara has been officially ousted.
The PP and PA yesterday signed an agreement that will see PP candidate Mari Paz Fernandez take control of the town hall.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46