SPANISH heart-throb Antonio Banderas had a tumour on his back ‘the size of a fist.’
The Malaga born actor has broken his silence after two years to advise people ‘to listen carefully to your body’.
Speaking to an Italian magazine, Banderas, 50, explained that he discovered a strange lump on his back after taking a shower one day.
“Two days later I was in the operating room to have it removed,” he said. “The biopsy revealed, to my great relief, that it was a benign tumour.”
But the surgeon told him: “You had a lump as big as my fist.”
Banderas who stars in Pedro Almodovar’s new thriller The skin I Live, had kept the ‘nightmare’ under wraps.
He had previously only told his family and close friends, but used the interview to encourage people to ‘run to the doctor’ if in doubt.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46