SPANISH beauty Elen Rivas has stripped off for an anti-bull fighting campaign.
In a provocative and graphic image the model is shown naked and bleeding from four banderillas piercing her back under the strap line: ‘The naked truth: Bullfighting is cruel.’
The hard-hitting image – which was actually banned from Easyjet’s in-flight magazine Traveller – is part of the latest campaign launched by the animal rights group PETA to ban the sport.
And Rivas hopes the advert will help dissuade tourists from going to watch the ‘barbaric blood sport.’
“My ad might be graphic, but it’s nothing compared to the bloody, violent reality of bullfights”, said the 36-year-old.
“Most Spaniards – including those in my hometown of Barcelona, where bullfighting was recently banned – are opposed to the barbaric blood sport, and PETA and I are urging British tourists not to be fooled by the industry’s propaganda.
“There is absolutely nothing romantic about torturing and killing animals for entertainment.”
Rivas is actually the latest in a long line of celebrities including Pamela Anderson, Eva Mendes, Khloe Kardashian and Alicia Silvertsone to get naked in the name of animal rights.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46