By Wendy Williams
A FIVE month old foal abandoned by the side of the road after watching its mother killed by gypsies has found a safe home, temporarily at least.
The young colt, named Conka, had been left traumatised after its mother had been beaten with iron bars and dragged down the road for refusing to get into a horse box.
But now, after an incredible battle with its owners, the foal is being allowed to stay with a friend of expat horse trainer Tracey Parker, who witnessed the appalling incident in Secadero a month ago.
But not before she was confronted by the owner who insisted the foal was his.
“I went straight to the police and pointed out all the laws that the owner had broken,” explained Parker, 48.
The foal has now been allowed to stay with the friend temporarily, she claims, while two men have been summoned to court to answer charges.
“These people need to be made an example of,” continued Parker. “I hope something is done.”
Since reporting on the incident last issue the Olive Press has been flooded with comments from concerned readers.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02