By Wendy Williams
HEART FM bosses have denied any bad feeling after controversial DJ Maurice Boland took over their coastal frequency for a new radio venture.
The self-styled ‘Mr Marbella’ has left the station and plans to launch his new business later this month.
“As far as we are concerned he can have it, it was an amicable agreement,” owner Pat Jay told the Olive Press.
But other sources have revealed that there has been ‘considerable tension’ over the fallout, which left Heart FM ‘retrenching’ back inland.
“There have been various issues and Pat and husband Lee have been left shattered,” said a friend.
Now Boland, 62 – who was sacked from his previous job at Talk Radio Europe (TRE) after an alleged affair with a teenager – is setting up a studio at Estepona’s Kempinski Hotel.
According to sources, he has managed to acquire a retail space to work out of and claims to have some big backers.
“He has been approaching presenters at other radio stations, but is not offering a lot of money,” said a source.
When the Olive Press spoke to Steve Gilmour, TRE station manager, he said: “I wish Maurice the very best of luck and contrary to any rumours he hasn’t stolen my presenters.”
Meanwhile, Dubliner Boland was quick to dismiss reports of a fall out with Heart.
“I just bought their transmitter on the coast. I am not taking over Heart or anything like that.
“I am very appreciative of everything they have done for me and I am extremely fond of Lee and Pat,” he revealed.
“I am really excited to be setting up a new station,” he added, confirming it will be called I Talk Europe.
“I like to talk a lot,” he added.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46