THE trial is finally underway for the murder of Sevilla teenager Marta del Castillo who was killed in 2009.
The main defendant, Miguel Carcaño Delgado, took to the stand to admit he accidentally killed the 17-year-old by hitting her over the head with an ashtray but he denies the charges of rape.
“We were arguing, I took an ashtray and I hit her,” he told a Sevilla court.
Samuel Benitez, Francisco Javier Delgado and his girlfriend, Maria García, are also accused of helping to dispose of the body and the evidence.
The trial continues.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46