A BRIT has completed an epic challenge by riding 2,000 miles from Calais to Gibraltar on a unicycle to raise money for charity.
Matt Downing, from Cornwall, began his One Wheel Across Europe journey in July, covering 30 miles a day.
As well as raising money for Cancer Research UK, Downing used the stunt as a way of drawing attention to the environmental impact of flying.
“I like to think I have left a trail of smiling and confused faces all the way from Calais to Gibraltar, and met wonderful people along the way,” Downing wrote on his blog.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46