It’ll be one of the easiest journeys she’s ever had to take to watch her boyfriend Rafa play tennis.
This weekend, Xisca Perello will simply have to jump on the Tube to the O2 Arena in London to see Nadal compete – for she just moved to the UK capital herself.
Tennis ace Rafael Nadal is one of eight players competing at the ATP World Tour Finals which start on Sunday.
This means that – when Rafa’s not trying to nab the title – the pair will be able to spend a bit of quality time together, perhaps with a nice romantic stroll along the Thames or a visit to the Tate.
Nadal has not played any professional matches since October, and could be said that he has not had a great few months – being beaten by Novak Djokovic at the Wimbledon final and later losing the US Open to him too.
He then lost the Japan Open to Scot Andy Murray and was said to be exhausted and sore after his shock defeat to German Florian Mayer the Shanghai Masters.
“It’s been a very positive season but at the same time a tough season for me. These kind of losses have an effect. It’s normal,” he said.
Last week Nadal relaxed during a short trip to Eurodisney in Paris with several members of his family.
But Nadal has been training hard in preparation for the World Tour Finals, which sees the year’s top eight players compete, pulling out of the Paris Masters early in November to make sure he is fighting fit.
“First practice with Novak at the 02 Arena at London!” said the world number two last night on his Facebook page.
One thing’s for sure – Nadal will be glad to see his girlfriend Xisca, 23, who relocated to London from Mallorca to study business management and English last month.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10