GIBRALTAR will be represented at the London Olympics by officers providing maritime security.
Eight officers from the Gibraltar Defence Police will use their expertise on the water to assist with security at the sailing event in Weymouth.
The crew will be in the UK from July 21 to August 12, and will stay at a holiday camp which will be used as a base by Dorset Police during the Olympics.
Sergeant William Mellin, who will lead the GDP team, said: “This is an honour and a privilege to be asked to go to work at this once-in-a-lifetime event. And, in professional terms, it will be good to be operating on the water with other UK police forces.”
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02