A FLY-on-the-wall documentary following British consular staff in Spain is set to air next month.
The three-part series will provide an insight into the eventful life of the consulates as they help British citizens who have been hospitalised, robbed and arrested.
Channel 4’s Our Man In… highlights the problems caused by lost and stolen passports and the costs and consequences of failing to buy holiday insurance.
It also shows staff meeting expat residents concerned about the property crisis and homeless Brits who want to go home.
“The series shows the hard work and professionalism of our staff in helping British expats and holidaymakers abroad,” said Steve Jones, British Consul in Malaga.
“We’re here to assist, and residents and tourists can find even more information on our website.”
The series, filmed last August and September, airs in March.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10