THEY were born within four blocks of each other.
Now Spanish heartthrob Antonio Banderas is to play Malaga’s other beloved son Pablo Picasso in an upcoming biopic.
33 Days, directed by Carlos Saura, will portray the life of the celebrated painter during the period he produced his masterpiece Guernica.
It will focus on his relationship with his lover, French artist Dora Maar.
“Picasso deserves a lot of respect,” said Banderas.
“He is a character that has pursued me for a long time.”
Filming is set to begin next year.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02