DOCTOR Who has paid a visit to the Spanish desert.
A Western themed episode of the popular BBC series starring Matt Smith and Karen Gillan is currently being shot in Mini-Hollywood in the Desert of Tabernas in Almeria.
According to sources the pair are really excited about the episode, which is set to feature a half-human half-robot which patrols a Victorian-era western town.
‘Filming on the same set as a lot of western films, together with the Spanish weather, will give it an epic feel,’ the source said.
Bosses behind the hit sci-fi drama chose the famous Almeria set as it was more cost-effective than building a new set from scratch in the UK.
Tabernas – the only desert in Europe – is no stranger to film crews having also provided the backdrops for countless legendary films such as A Fistful of Dollars and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
It is also not the first time the Time Lord has fought with cowboys.
In 1966, the doctor, then played by William Hartnell, was caught up in a shootout at the OK Corral.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46