A THOUGHT-PROVOKING contemporary art exhibition inspired by Andalucia’s most famous artist has opened at the Picasso Museum in Malaga.
Through paintings, collages and photo-collages, US artist Richard Prince challenges conventional views of desire and aims to alienate spectators, forcing them to revise their perceptions.
“I have always drawn with Picasso as my inspiration, ever since I was a child,” said the artist.
The 116 works also include graphite drawings and watercolours by Prince, who has previously exhibited at the Guggenheim museum and worked with fashion designer Marc Jacobs.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02