SQUEAMISH readers should look away now, for Marbella is set to house an exhibition featuring over 200 real body parts.
The Human Body, on display at the Congress Centre from May 19 to August 12, uses mostly Asian donors whose bodies were never claimed by their relatives.
It hopes to show how lifestyle choices such as drinking, smoking and obesity affect the body.
Using bodies that have been preserved via a technique called plastination, visitors will also be able to see what caffeine does to the bladder, why we hiccup and sneeze and how tobacco can affect fertility.
“It is basically a tour of the body to help people understand how it works,” said the Spanish promoter.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02