AN expat golfer has landed his first title of the year after winning a tense play-off at a tournament in Cadiz.
Dan Aldridge, 23, beat Denmark’s Lasse Jensen in the Gecko Winter Pro Tour event to claim 3,000 euros in prize money.
Aldridge, who turned professional four years ago having played golf on the Costa del Sol since the age of 15, is now preparing for the Euro Pro Tour Q-school in April.
“If the Tour didn’t exist I would have no winter competition and I would still be working in an office,” Aldridge said.
“The standard of golf is very high with players who have competed on the European Tour. “I’m delighted that I can compete successfully against them and all my hard work is beginning to pay off.”
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10