By Eloise Horsfield
“IT was sometimes downright scary,” reveals British hotelier Amanda Filmer describing her experiences during filming of Channel 4’s Four in a Bed programme last month.
Amanda and husband Jed welcomed three sets of fellow B&B owners to their hotel La Tartana hotel, in La Herradura.
They then, in turn, paid a visit to their guests’ hotels in Antequera, Benidorm and Murcia over a week.
Contestants had to provide an evening meal, a bed for the night – and of course, breakfast – with their guests paying what they considered a suitable price for their experience.
“There are plenty of revelations,” reveals Amanda, originally from Hertfordshire. “But I am not allowed to divulge too much or I’ll be in trouble”.
However the hotelier, who has been running La Tartana for 16 months, adds tantalisingly: “You can probably make your own minds up about the Benidorm one!
“As for the other contestants, MOST of them we got on well with.
“Although I have to say I will never be able to watch reality TV again – now that I know what the contestants are going through!”
The programme starts on Channel 4 from Monday April 2.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10