25 Mar, 2012 @ 14:15
1 min read

Agony Ant: Your legal problems addressed

Antonio Flores

Q. I built an illegal extension on my property some time ago, and my neighbour has reported me to the town hall. Am I in trouble?

A. Building an extension without planning permission in Spain is illegal. However, if you can prove that it was built more than four years ago you may apply for a certificate of lawfulness, which will make it legal. This is possible only if you were not reported within the four-year Statute of Limitation period or your property is not located in an area of special protection (the equivalent to an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), as in these cases you could have a demolition order issued against you.

Q. I have a limited company in Spain that I wish to shut down. Can I just go to the Notary and sign deeds to close it down?

A. Not really, unless you want to incur personal liability. Once companies are set up, shareholders and directors have certain restrictions regarding how they go about closing it down. If they have debts, they can be held personally liable. It is for this reason that we advise you to consult a specialist in the matter who will guide you through the process of closing it down, particularly if you have creditors that are owed money.

Contact Antonio at Lawbird Legal Services
Edificio Alfil Floor 4, Ricardo Soriano, 19 – 4B, 29601 Marbella, Malaga (Spain)  Phone: +34 952 861890 – [email protected] – www.lawbird.com

Previous Story

Future flames

axarquia centre
Next Story

Rugby referee loses the plot

Latest from Business & Finance

Go toTop

More From The Olive Press