A MASSIVE golf macroproject could be built on protected rustic land previously owned by former Libyan dictator Colonel Gaddafi.
The controversial project – put on hold after the Spanish Government froze Libyan assets last year – includes 2,000 homes, a golf course and congress hall.
The development would take up a large chunk of the 6,900 hectare La Resinera estate which sits between Benahavis, Estepona and Ronda’s Genal Valley.
It is currently owned by the Libyan Arab Foreign Bank, and includes part of the Sierra de las Nieves biosphere reserve.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02