FORENSIC evidence shows that an English teacher who was found dead in a suitcase in 2010 could not have killed herself.
A court in Sevilla has heard that it was ‘impossible’ that American Laura Cerna took her own life.
Neighbour Antonio Gordillo, the man accused of murdering her, had claimed the teacher tried to stab him with a knife but fatally wounded herself in the process.
He claims he was then panicked into cutting up her body and dumping it in the Guadalquivir River.
Gordillo only confessed to the murder when police found blood in his apartment.
The trial continues in Sevilla.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10