YOUNGSTERS from the Fuengirola Scout Group enjoyed an exciting day out at Moron de la Frontera air base near Sevilla.
The boys got to experience what it is like to fly one of the base’s Eurofighter jets in the flight simulator before getting a close up of the real thing in the hangers.
Other highlights included a visit to the fire station, falconry and pilot training room.
The Olive Press reported how up to three Eurofighter jets were scrambled to investigate an unidentified aircraft over Estepona on Easter Sunday.
Some readers have suggested it could have been a UFO, although the base insisted it was investigating a possible drugs plane.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02