RADAMEL Falcao sealed a memorable victory for Atletico Madrid in the Europa League final, scoring twice to help see off Athletic Bilbao in Budapest.
The Colombian struck twice in the first half with two well taken goals, before Diego put the result beyond doubt with a solo effort five minutes from time.
The highly-rated Falcao enhanced his reputation by curling a shot into the top corner before putting his side in control with a smart turn and finish.
Diego then waltzed through a tired Bilbao defence late on to seal the win as Atletico’s Basque rivals failed to make an impression on the match.
“Winning is always marvellous, but you enjoy it more as a player, because one is on the pitch, one can scream, run, do a lap of honour,” said Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02