A NERJA man has penned a brand new book about the area’s history.
Nerja, recuerdos de papel (Paper Memories) traces events from 1889 to the present day.
It includes personal accounts, clippings from when the caves were discovered in 1959 and boxing match flyers from the 1960s.
“It all started when I was looking through some of my grandfather’s old boxes,” said author Jose Miguel Ortuno, who spent two hours signing copies of his book at a recent launch held in Nerja Museum.
The book is available in Nerja bookshops for 13 euros.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46