A BRITISH expat is aiming for glory in an Andalucian car racing championship after emerging as one of the favourites to take the title.
Peter Bowerman, 44, from Marbella, is hoping to win the FAA Andalucian Historic GTI & Touring Car Championship, after narrowly missing out in recent years.
The sales director – who has also raced karts and bikes in the past – got off to a great start after winning the first race of the season at the Monteblanco circuit near Huelva.
Bowerman, originally from Chigwell in Essex, will now compete at circuits in Guadix, Ronda, Almeria and Jerez for the Marbella Players Racing team.
“There was lots of great side by side race action and managing to take first place and the winners trophy was a dream start for me,” Bowerman told the Olive Press.
“I came third in 2010 and second last year so it’s time for me to win the championship this year.”
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10