A DENTIST is being forced to sleep in his car as he cannot afford to pay his rent.
Javier Castilla, who works as a supply dentist for the Andalucia Health Service (SAS), has been without a fixed contract for a year.
Castilla, from Sevilla, only gets a contract for a few days in different centres in the region.
The situation has left him living out of a suitcase and sleeping on a mattress in his car, an old Hyundai, which he is currently parking next to the health centre in La Carihuela, in Torremolinos.
The union CSI-F has now denounced the case and blames the situation on the health cuts in the Junta.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46