FOOD Technology students from Laude San Pedro International have been going behind the scenes at the world renowned Calima Restaurant in Marbella.
The four lucky students and their teacher were greeted by the patron and two-star Michelin award-winning chef, Dani Garcia, who was previously a guest at the inauguration of the new Food Technology room at the college.
The students were able to see the staff in action, and observe the making of, and taste, cheese straws wrapped in Japanese rice paper and whitebait dipped in liquid nitrogen!
They were then led into the sumptuous restaurant with magnificent views across the sea and shown the VIP area. “We are delighted with the way Food Technology has been enthusiastically welcomed by students and parents alike,” said John Foulkes-Jones, from Laude.
“We passionately believe that all students should understand the advantages of eating a healthy balanced diet and taking regular exercise; a number of recent studies have also clearly demonstrated that eating a balanced diet, improves academic performance.”
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46