AN arsonist has been jailed for starting seven wildfires that swept through the Campo de Gibraltar.
Following his arrest by San Roque police, a judge has ordered the man, who lives in the Guadiaro Valley, to be held in prison on suspicion of starting seven fires in the space of 15 days.
The flames destroyed 100 hectares of scrubland in the area and saw 150 families evacuated from their homes with Torreguadiaro the area most affected by the blaze.
Meanwhile police in Velez Malaga also believe an arsonist is to blame for three recent fires in the area to the east of Malaga.
- Maximilian Bartie - 4 Sep, 2012 @ 14:20
- Making a splash around Andalucia - 3 Sep, 2012 @ 14:22
- Andalucia’s open-air cuisine - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 14:04
- Corruption probe over illegal licence for Benalmadena apartment complex - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:50
- Classes for parents aim to combat fatigue in children - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:48
- Andalucia dubbed a birdwatcher’s paradise - 1 Sep, 2012 @ 09:20
- Meeting the Spanish ‘Robin Hood’ - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 14:00
- Spain turns volume down - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 10:54
- A new look for Spaniard Penelope Cruz - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 09:00
- Worker dies in Benalmadena rubbish accident - 30 Aug, 2012 @ 13:16