A COMMITTEE has been set up to counter the ‘social blemish’ that is domestic violence in the Axarquia.
It comes after an unusually high number of call outs in the first six months of the year.
Malaga’s Equality Department was called out 54 times from January to June to assist women at risk of psychological and physical abuse.
The committee’s first meeting was held at Algarrobo Town Hall and attended by several Axarquia mayors and councillors.
The aim of the group is to ‘face up to the reality of domestic violence’ and help victims escape from the gender violence cycle.
- Maximilian Bartie - 4 Sep, 2012 @ 14:20
- Making a splash around Andalucia - 3 Sep, 2012 @ 14:22
- Andalucia’s open-air cuisine - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 14:04
- Corruption probe over illegal licence for Benalmadena apartment complex - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:50
- Classes for parents aim to combat fatigue in children - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:48
- Andalucia dubbed a birdwatcher’s paradise - 1 Sep, 2012 @ 09:20
- Meeting the Spanish ‘Robin Hood’ - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 14:00
- Spain turns volume down - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 10:54
- A new look for Spaniard Penelope Cruz - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 09:00
- Worker dies in Benalmadena rubbish accident - 30 Aug, 2012 @ 13:16