A LARGE fire, which began on the mountainside of the A-7 above Estepona and rapidly travelled downward with the help of a strong wind, has been put out.
“Four helicopters and many firefighters were employed to fight the fire,” resident eyewitness Tom Maclaren told the Olive Press.
“The helicopters continued dousing the affected area for hours after they put out the fire.”
It remains unclear to what extent the properties near the flames were damaged.
But authorities believe no one was hurt in the fire.
- Maximilian Bartie - 4 Sep, 2012 @ 14:20
- Making a splash around Andalucia - 3 Sep, 2012 @ 14:22
- Andalucia’s open-air cuisine - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 14:04
- Corruption probe over illegal licence for Benalmadena apartment complex - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:50
- Classes for parents aim to combat fatigue in children - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:48
- Andalucia dubbed a birdwatcher’s paradise - 1 Sep, 2012 @ 09:20
- Meeting the Spanish ‘Robin Hood’ - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 14:00
- Spain turns volume down - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 10:54
- A new look for Spaniard Penelope Cruz - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 09:00
- Worker dies in Benalmadena rubbish accident - 30 Aug, 2012 @ 13:16