FORMER US Presidential candidate Al Gore is to visit Gibraltar as part of the Rock’s efforts to become ‘a major environmental hub’.
Gore – who also served as Vice-President under Bill Clinton – will deliver a speech on economic strategy at a major environmental forum to be held on October 21.
Joining him will be Juan Verde, the international co-director of Barack Obama’s re-election campaign, who will discuss how Obama’s renewable energy policies affect Europe.
Gore’s film An Inconvenient Truth shocked audiences worldwide into taking the issue of global warming seriously.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02